To avoid miscommunication – emphasize how you want to be heard.
You should minimize the possibility of interpretation.
🦎 Communication between people is like a chameleon.
What you say can totally change in the ears of the other person.
Keep in mind that the other they can hear you in 4 different ways:
- factual ear: they will focus only on the news and information
- appeal ear: they will focus on what action to take
- relationship: – they will focus on what you think of them
- self-revealing ear: they will focus on what you reveal about yourself
Put emphasis on how they should hear you or how they should NOT hear you.
To sum up:
- We all have 4 ears.
- Don’t leave it to chance how they hear you!
- Emphasize the right ear.
👉 Master your communication skills! Take the pill!